Two (easy) ways to become a member during February Flex
(1) Attend membership workshop | February 18th, 3 pm-5 pm.
During this 20-30 minute workshop, you will tell a church leader your testimony of faith and baptism, review our confession of faith and membership covenant, and meet our church staff. Our staff will create a fun environment where you can mingle with other members and eat some tasty treats! Once you sign up, we will assign you a time to arrive to limit wait time.
(2) Apply for Membership Online
If you have attended HBC for more than 2 years and feel you know us and we know you, you can choose to join HBC by filling out this online app. After completion, a leader will confirm your membership or walk you through additional steps you need to take.
Does membership matter? We believe it does. As members, we are committing to GATHER for worship, CONNECT in community, use our gifts to SERVE the church and the world, GIVE to support the mission, and GO proclaim the gospel to our neighbors and the nations.
1 Corinthians 12:27, “Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.”
Three questions about Membership:
- What is Church Membership? Answer: Formally belonging to a local congregation of believers to be the church
- Who can become a member? Answer: Christians who have received believer’s baptism by immersion. Note: If you were Biblically baptized at another church you can join HBC by transferring your letter of membership from that church to ours (don’t worry, we will take care of this process for you!).
- Why should you become a member? Answer: To express that you are the body of Christ and partner with believers to carry out God’s agent.